Monday, March 03, 2008

The Real Hipster Intifada


"Solidarity isn't a fashion accessory"--finally, someone gets it right! Thanks to John for alerting me to this event. Don't miss it, if you're in Austin this Friday. It benefits the UT Palestine Solidarity Committee and the Middle East Children's Alliance. Given the focus of these groups, I imagine that a lot of the money raised will go to Gaza.

I don't know these bands, but let's give them props for performing at a Palestine event. Check them out: Cry Blood Apache, Canopy, Headdress, Blacklisted Individuals. (I can't find Hill Ma.)

Image found at Riseinhope's flickr site.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hipster Intifada! That's the last thing we need! I live in Brooklyn where we would appreciate an IDF armored division to create a Hipster Jenin Massacre!