Friday, April 21, 2006

Peaches: "Impeach My Bush"; Neil Young: "Impeach the President"


Both Peaches and Neil Young have announced forthcoming albums which stick it to the Shrub. Peaches' third album, due out on XL Recordings on July 11, is called Impeach My Bush; its tracks include "Fuck or Kill," "Two Guys (For Every Girl)," and "Boys Wanna Be Her." Peaches recently performed at the "Bring Em Home Now" Concert for Peace in New York City.

Neil Young's forthcoming album, Living with War, includes the tracks, "Impeach the President" and "Shock and Awe." The title track includes the lyrics, "I raise my hand in peace/I never bow to the laws of the thought police/I take a holy vow ... to never kill again/In the big hotels ... in the mosques and the doors of the old museum ... I take a holy vow ... to never kill again." (No info yet on when it is to be released.)

Neil and Peaches join Green Day, Merle Haggard, Steve Earle, Mary Gauthier, and many others in expressing their opposition to Bush and his Iraq adventure. When will the Democrats sign up?

Tags: , , ,

No comments: